Terms & Conditions – Home Users
*Terms & conditions for SCHOOL users – click here
TERMS & CONDITIONS – HOME USERS
These terms and conditions of use set out the terms upon which you may make use of our website at www.magiclinkhandwriting.com (“the Magic Link Website”) and the handwriting classes lessons provided through it (“the Magic Link Lessons”).
- The Magic Link Lessons consists of:
(i) 30 unique teaching steps and accompanying PDF worksheets for the CURSIVE (joined-up) course.
(ii) Or 15 unique teaching steps and accompanying PDF worksheets for the NON joined-up course.
- Access to the Magic Link Lessons video program is provided on a non-exclusive 6-month/12-month licence, as seen below:
- The pricing for the Magic Link Lessons is structured in the following way:
- Level 1 Cursive (STEPS 1-10) £84.99 (6-MONTH ACCESS)
- Level 2 Cursive (STEPS 11-20) £84.99 (6-MONTH ACCESS)
- Level 3 Cursive (STEPS 21-30) £84.99 (6 MONTH ACCESS)
- Full Cursive Programme (STEPS 1-30) £199.00 (12-MONTH ACCESS)
- The Non Joined-up Programme (STEPS 1-15 For 5 & 6 YR OLDS) £99 (12-MONTH ACCESS)
(collectively “the Lesson Fee”).
- The Lesson Fee must be prepaid in order to receive the Magic Link Lessons.
- The Magic Link Lessons are only to be used by one student per lesson set and are not to be lent or copied in any way.
- The lessons are for HOME USE only..
- Anyone wishing to use the programme at school would need to purchase a SCHOOL LICENCE.
- You may cancel the Magic Link Lessons up to 14 days after paying the Lesson Fee however you will have no right to cancel if the full set of lessons ordered have been watched during the cancellation period. By watching all of the lessons ordered within 14 days you request that the supply of the service should begin during the cancellation period and you acknowledge that your cancellation rights will be lost once all of the lessons ordered have been watched.
- No refunds are given after 14 days of purchase.
- In the event that you wish to cancel the Magic Link Lessons and receive a refund, within the 14-day period, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon cancellation, all hard copies of the PDFs which accompany the Magic Link Lessons should be returned to Magic Link Limited at the address listed below at 2(b).
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- magiclinkhandwriting.com is a website operated by Magic Link Limited.
- We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09146910 and have our registered office at Pyramid House, 954 High Road, London, N.129TR. Our main trading address is Hampstead Garden Suburb, North London, NW11.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Magic Link Services and in any associated materials. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved and any copyright infringement will be vigorously pursued.
- Only the individual user of the Magic Link Lessons may print Magic Link Lessons PDFs for his/her personal use. None of the Magic Link Lessons materials may be duplicated for use by any other person apart from the named user.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Magic Link Services must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the Magic Link Services for commercial purposes.
your right to use the Magic Link Services will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy
any copies of the Program materials you have made.Any students, teachers or members of the public found to
be intentionally misusing the site (e.g. hacking, or sending fraudulent results) will have their access to the
(g) The materials displayed on the Site, without limitation of all information, text materials, graphic, software, tools, results derived from the use of software and tools, advertisement names, logos, and trade marks on the Site (Content) are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Site.
(h) You must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame download on to a computer, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for in these general conditions or with our express prior written consent.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO THE MAGIC LINK SERVICES
- We may update the Magic Link Website from time to time and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on the Magic Link Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that the Magic Link Services, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING THE MAGIC LINK WEBSITE
- General use of the Magic Link Website is made available free of charge. The charges for use of the Magic Link Lessons are listed above at 1(d).
- We do not guarantee that the Magic Link Services, or any other content provided, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Magic Link Services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Magic Link Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Magic Link Website.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD, PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY
- We make a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (2002/58/EC).
- If you have used the Magic Link Website before or have registered your interest with us before it is possible that we have your contact information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you have already submitted your information we will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to.
- When you register with us, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to the Magic Link Website (for example your name, email address, and postcode). We may also record which parts of the Magic Link Website you are interested in as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and will only be used to provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service.
- By agreeing to these terms and submitting your data you agree to this use. If you do not want us to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it and if you have or you believe that we have data about you that is incorrect please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
- From time to time we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. An example of sensitive information would be your religion or medical condition.
- From time to time we may want to share this data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union. We may also use the information or parts of it to occasionally broadcast it or notify you about Magic Link events or related activities that you may find useful. We will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give us your consent unless we have it already.
(a) In order to improve our service and the Magic Link Website, we may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited the website before) is recorded on your computer and used by us to improve the Magic Link Website.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The content on the Magic Link Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of its content.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided under the Magic Link Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply to the Magic Link Services, or any content supplied through them, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, the Magic Link Services; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed by the Magic Link Services.
- Please note that we only provide the Magic Link Services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Magic Link Services for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Magic Link Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Magic Link Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- We do not guarantee that the Magic Link Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Magic Link Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Magic Link Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Magic Link Website, the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Magic Link website. You must not attack the Magic Link Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Magic Link Website will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE MAGIC LINK WEBSITE
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Magic Link Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- The Magic Link Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Magic Link Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to make any use of content on the Magic Link Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THE MAGIC LINK WEBSITE
- Where the Magic Link Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Please note that these terms and conditions of use, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
“The Magic Link Handwriting Programme”, “Magic Link Handwriting” and the Magic Link Handwriting device are registered UK trade marks of Magic Link Limited.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although we have no reason to believe that any information contained in this Site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information, nor do we undertake to keep this site updated. All activities are designed for complete adult supervision to insure that the instructions are followed correctly.
Your use of the materials is at your sole risk. The Magic Link handwriting programme specifically disclaims all liability, or otherwise, for any direct, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or relating to the materials, even if the Magic Link handwriting programme has been advised of the possibility of such damages. We do not accept responsibility for the loss suffered as a result of your reliance on the accuracy of information on this Site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage, however arising (whether in negligence or otherwise) in connection with your Access, the Content or any omissions from the Content, except where liability is made non-excludable by legislation.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org